#001: Come and See (Part 1 of 2) [PODCAST]
This podcast session features my talk at InterVarsity Christian Fellowship, South Texas Area Fall Retreat, in Corpus Christi, TX. I was asked to present on the topic, “Being Disciples, Making Disciples”.
Discipleship is often overlooked because it is not as flashy as speaking, or leading worship, but it is vital in order to make a positive impact on the world.
You and I should take discipleship seriously. I believe that this is something that you can start this week. I hope this series of talks will give you some inspiration (and valuable insight) to disciple someone very soon.
This week’s session
Click to Listen
- Main Text: John 1:35-51
- How Can You Start Making Disciples?
- First, point out Jesus in everyday life
- Second, bring your friends to Jesus
- How Can You Start Becoming a Disciple?
- First, be curious about Jesus and who He is
- Second, be open to making changes in your life
Why am I doing a Podcast?
Welcome to the Everyday World Changer Podcast. I’m REALLY excited to start this podcast and this NEW journey with you. I actually got this idea from many of my faithful blog readers, my family (esp. my wife), and my friends.
I’m still getting used to hearing the sound of my own voice… It’s a bit weird, but hopefully this adventure of podcasting will be beneficial to both of us! It is my hope that this podcast will inspire you to be a world changer in every part of your life – whether on campus, at work, in your neighborhood, or at you church! Awesome.
I will provide THREE KINDS OF CONTENT on this podcast:
- Audio from many of my speaking engagements at various universities
- Interviews with fellow world changers from around the country and the world
- Sessions with just me providing insight into specific topics that can help us be world changers
I hope you enjoy this podcast experience!
- Please consider subscribing, rating, and commenting about this podcast on iTunes
- Please let me know of a capable sound engineer to help with this podcast
- Please consider commenting and sharing my weekly blog posts with family and friends
- Subscribe to this podcast via iTunes
- Subscribe to this podcast via Stitcher
- Subscribe to this podcast via Blackberry
- If you have a questions, suggestions, or ideas for topics for this podcast, then please comment below or send me an email. I would love to hear from you!