#005: Good News and Transformation (Part 1 of 2) [PODCAST]
This podcast session features the first part of my last talk in the series, “Being Disciples, Making Disciples”. This talk is entitled, “Good News and Transformation”.
Often following Jesus takes us to hard places in life… it’s tough. I’ve experienced this many times. I know you have too. Whoever said that following Jesus would make life easy, lied to us. Following Jesus is good, but it ain’t always easy.
Jesus engages in a provocative conversation with a Samaritan woman at the well. Jesus helps us see that being a disciple can be difficult, and Jesus also helps us see that the Gospel can cross any kind of boundary. I hope this conversation will expand our understanding of Jesus.
Click to Listen
Main Text: John 4
- Being a disciple can take us to difficult places and situations
- Everyday moments at a well can become extraordinary if disciples point to Jesus
- The Gospel can cross any kind of boundary if disciples are willing to share
- Are there hard things going on in your life? How is Jesus speaking to you through difficulty?
- In which way is Jesus calling you to cross boundaries to reach people around you? Which boundaries are the hardest for you to cross?
- Discipleship Essentials: A Guide to Building Your Life in Christ by Greg Ogden – affiliate link
- Spiritual Disciplines Handbook: Practices that Transform Us by Adele Calhoun – affiliate link
- Real Life: A Christianity Worth Living Out by James Choung – affiliate link
- I Once Was Lost: What Postmodern Skeptics Taught Us About Their Path to Jesus by Don Everts and Dough Schaupp – affiliate link
- Discipleship Advice from a Medical Student
- How to be a Disciple (that Makes Disciples)!
- Please consider subscribing, rating, and commenting about this podcast on iTunes
- Please let me know of a capable sound engineer to help with this podcast
- Please consider checking my availability for speaking at your next even
- Please consider commenting and sharing my weekly blog posts with family and friends
- Subscribe to this podcast via iTunes
- Subscribe to this podcast via Stitcher
- Subscribe to this podcast via Blackberry
- If you have a questions, suggestions, or ideas for topics for this podcast, then please comment below or send me an email. I would love to hear from you!