#007: 7 Tips on How to Disciple Others Effectively! [PODCAST]
This is a special podcast session in which I give my best tips on discipleship. Basically, you will get to have the same advice that I give my staff members with InterVarsity/USA.
Over the years, I have discipled countless young adults. Some went really well, and others were terrible. Through it all, I’ve learned a lot. I want to share “7 Tips on How to Disciple Others Effectively!”.
Click to Listen
7 Tips on How to Disciple Others Effectively
- Prepare your own heart
- Choose the right person
- Setup a regular time to interact
- Choose 1-3 goals to accomplish
- Focus on the Bible
- Respond in active obedience
- Challenge to “Go and Do Likewise!”
- Are you excited about discipling someone? Why or why not?
- Do you know a few people that would like to disciple by someone like you? Who?
- What will it take for you to make an invitation this week? Go for it. Believe and call/text that person.
- Discipleship Essentials: A Guide to Building Your Life in Christ by Greg Ogden – affiliate link
- Spiritual Disciplines Handbook: Practices that Transform Us by Adele Calhoun – affiliate link
- Real Life: A Christianity Worth Living Out by James Choung – affiliate link
- I Once Was Lost: What Postmodern Skeptics Taught Us About Their Path to Jesus by Don Everts and Dough Schaupp – affiliate link
- Discipleship Advice from a Medical Student – blog post
- How to be a Disciple (that Makes Disciples)! – blog post
- The Master Plan of Evangelism by Robert E. Coleman – affiliate link
- InterVarsity/USA Inductive Bible Study Method – website
- Please consider subscribing, rating, and commenting about this podcast on iTunes
- Please let me know of a capable sound engineer to help with this podcast
- Please consider checking my availability for speaking at your next even
- Please consider commenting and sharing my weekly blog posts with family and friends
- Subscribe to this podcast via iTunes
- Subscribe to this podcast via Stitcher
- Subscribe to this podcast via Blackberry
- If you have a questions, suggestions, or ideas for topics for this podcast, then please comment below or send me an email. I would love to hear from you!