#008: God’s Mission at the University (Part 1 of 2) [PODCAST]
The university is a critical juncture in the life of a person. College students are away from home, away from parents, and many are making decisions within the next 4 years that will impact the next 40 years of their life.
It is vital for college students to meet Jesus within this timeframe and within this context. The university is one of the best moments in a person’s life, especially when Jesus is in the mix. The university is where I gained clarity about Jesus.
Today you will be listening to a talk that I gave at The University of Texas at Dallas. I was asked to address the topic “God’s Mission at the University”. In order to understand this idea, I will be using Acts 2:36-47 as the main text.
Click to Listen
God’s Mission at the University
Main Text: Acts 2:36-47
- People are open to hear about Jesus
- “What must I do?”
- We must be available to demonstrate God’s Love
- Follow Peter’s example
- We must be bold to declare God’s Love
- “I want you to be assured of this, Jesus Christ is Lord…”
- The campus is a strategic place
- meet people from every kind of background
- don’t miss your opportunity
- Do I believe that people are “open” to hear about Jesus around me? At work? On campus?
- What holds me back from being bold to declare God’s Love to those around me?
- None this week (more to come next week)
- Please consider subscribing, rating, and commenting about this podcast on iTunes
- Please let me know of a capable sound engineer to help with this podcast
- Please consider checking my availability for speaking at your next even
- Please consider commenting and sharing my weekly blog posts with family and friends
- Subscribe to this podcast via iTunes
- Subscribe to this podcast via Stitcher
- Subscribe to this podcast via Blackberry
- If you have a questions, suggestions, or ideas for topics for this podcast, then please comment below or send me an email. I would love to hear from you!