#010: God Centered Romantic Relationships (Part 1 of 2) [PODCAST]
One topic of conversation that has come up over and over again these past few months is “Romantic Relationships”. Of course I work with college students so it is a popular topic.
I’ve written a blog about this already. But I thought it would be a good idea to make the next two podcast sessions about Romantic Relationships and how God plays a role in it.
Today you will be listening to the first part of the talk that I gave at LOFT City Church. The topic I am addressing is “God Centered Romantic Relationships”.
Romantic relationships have the tendency of veering off track. But there is hope. I believe God’s Word can help us initiate strong romantic relationships. Please listen to this talk and let me know if you have any questions!
Click to Listen
God Centered Romantic Relationships
Main Text: Jeremiah 17:9-10, Matthew 6:21, Psalms 37:4
- Modern Dating vs. Biblical Union
- Finding the right person vs. Being the right person
- Intimacy before commitment vs. Commitment before intimacy
- Focusing on the benefits of covenant before making it vs. Making the covenant first before enjoy the benefits
- Media Impacts our View of Relationships
- False induction
- Flattering seduction
- Flagrant reduction
- Practical Tips on Fighting Media
- Make a 4-item List of Non-negotiable Characteristics
- Make a 4-item List of Personal Priorities
- Which worldview more accurately aligns itself with your personal ideas of romance? Modern Dating or Biblical Union?
- Which ways has media impacted your personal view of romance? Are there any points of tension that you want to bring to Jesus in prayer?
by Ravi Zacharias
This is a very insightful book about love, commitment, Jesus, and marriage. The authors takes a great angle on the importance of marriage and how it impacts your faith journey, and vice versa. Please consider reading it!
- Please consider subscribing, rating, and commenting about this podcast on iTunes
- Please let me know of a capable sound engineer to help with this podcast
- Please consider checking my availability for speaking at your next even
- Please consider commenting and sharing my weekly blog posts with family and friends
- Subscribe to this podcast via iTunes
- Subscribe to this podcast via Stitcher
- Subscribe to this podcast via Blackberry
- If you have a questions, suggestions, or ideas for topics for this podcast, then please comment below or send me an email. I would love to hear from you!