#011: God Centered Romantic Relationships (Part 2 of 2) [PODCAST]
Romantic relationships have the tendency of veering off track. But there is hope. I believe God’s Word can help us initiate strong romantic relationships.
I’ve written a blog about this already. But I thought it would be a good idea to make a podcast about Romantic Relationships and how God plays a role in it.
Today you will be listening to the second part of the talk that I gave at LOFT City Church. The topic I am addressing is “God Centered Romantic Relationships”.
Click to Listen
God Centered Romantic Relationships
Main Text: Jeremiah 17:9-10, Matthew 6:21, Psalms 37:4
- Comparison of Relationship Myths and God’s Word
- There is only ONE person in this world for you – find them!
- Find your missing piece – two halves make a whole!
- Mr./Mrs. Right is waiting for you – act now!
- 8 Questions to ask Yourself in order to Know If You Are Ready to Initiate a Romantic Relationship
- Are you right with God? Does God have the last word?
- Has God’s Word affirmed this decision? When? How?
- Do you have your parents’ (or equivalent) approval?
- Are you ready to put character over outward appearance?
- Do you have a similar (not identical) calling in life?
- Have you considered the practical aspects of life together?
- Are you the right spiritual maturity for one another?
- Are you encouraging one another to remain sexually pure?
- Are there relationships myths that you are struggling with or still believe? What are they? How does it line up with God’s Word?
- Are you feeling any tension or dissonance after hearing this talk? What do you need to bring before the Lord for guidance?
by Ravi Zacharias
This is a very insightful book about love, commitment, Jesus, and marriage. The authors takes a great angle on the importance of marriage and how it impacts your faith journey, and vice versa. Please consider reading it!
Register for the South Asian InterVarsity Leadership Institute!
- Please consider subscribing, rating, and commenting about this podcast on iTunes
- Please let me know of a capable sound engineer to help with this podcast
- Please consider checking my availability for speaking at your next even
- Please consider commenting and sharing my weekly blog posts with family and friends
- Subscribe to this podcast via iTunes
- Subscribe to this podcast via Stitcher
- Subscribe to this podcast via Blackberry
- If you have a questions, suggestions, or ideas for topics for this podcast, then please comment below or send me an email. I would love to hear from you!